Who am I kidding?
I’ve been thinking & praying about these goals since before 2014 began, but I’m trying really hard to find that place. You know the one. The place where I can look back at the end of the year and see all goals met with absolutely no failures. In all honesty, I don’t think that place exists, but a girl can dream can’t she?
In my last post, I took a moment to reflect back on 2013. I created a one-year “bucket list”, so to speak. I was a bit ambitious…perhaps too ambitious. I struggled with creating a realistic list while challenging myself at the same time. I didn’t want it to be so realistic that little effort was involved, and I also didn’t want it to be so ridiculously full of idealism that I set myself up to fail from the very beginning.
In looking at 2014, I’ve decided to group my goals into categories. In some areas, I may only have one goal listed, and that is intentional…I want nothing to get in my way of achieving that goal. I also don’t intend to create such a monstrous list that I lose joy all while trying to reach goals. So, the list that follows is simply a guideline…a map…something to help me achieve those things that I’ve deemed important for 2014. Without any further ado…
My 2014 Bucket List:
- Completely read through the Bible this year. In the past, I used to do so every other year and would follow a less-structured reading plan during the “off” years. However, it’s been a few years since I’ve done a complete read-through. It’s time to do that again this year!
- Memorize 12 new scripture verses this year.
- Have at least two overnight dates away together.
- Read Love and Respect together.
Personal Health Goals…
- Reach my healthy goal weight! More on this in a future post!
Ministry and writing Goals…
- Develop and keep a reasonable blogging schedule.
- Explore the possibility of a second blog. (I know…I know…you might be wondering how I could possibly manage to do this when I can hardly keep up with this one. Valid point, but I’ll share more on this in a future post as well.)
- Open up my speaking schedule again and try to speak at a minimum of three events.
- Finish developing book proposal.
- Make curtains for at least three rooms in the house this year.
- Get another newspaper for my state capital collection.
- Complete at least two crafts per month.
- Set aside 2 days per month for scrapbooking and do it!
I also have several goals involving our children/grandchildren, but I simply choose not to share those on this platform.
There you have it! My 2014 bucket (or goal) list! I’ll keep you posted a couple times throughout the year to let you know how I’m doing with these goals. You can all be my accountability partners, so to speak. K?
How about you? What are your 2014 goals? If you started 2014 with strong, lofty plans for accomplishing lots but found you’ve already fallen short of where you expected to be by nearly the end of month one…have no fear! Restart! Yes – you can restart today! There is nothing “magical” about January 1. Don’t throw in the towel. Pray about what God’s plans are for you this year, and make a realistic plan to achieve them. I’d love to hear from you! We can do this…together!